Term of Use
CONDITIONS OF USE
Welcome to our online store CYCmadetomeasure.com (“website”), owned by CYC Company Pte. Ltd. (“CYC”, “we”, “us”, or “our”).
These terms and conditions (“conditions”) governs your use of the website, including all purchases of goods or services.
By accessing or using this website, you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these conditions. If you do not agree to any part of these conditions, please do not access or use the website. Any continued access or use of this website will imply that you have accepted these Conditions. Please read them carefully.
Before you continue using our website we advise you to read our data protection policy [link to policy] regarding our user data collection. It will help you better understand our practices.
When you visit our website or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of CYC or its content suppliers and protected by international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this website is the exclusive property of CYC, with copyright authorship for this collection by CYC, and protected by international copyright laws.
CYC’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not CYC’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits CYC. All other trademarks not owned by CYC or its subsidiaries that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by CYC or its subsidiaries.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
CYC grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this website and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with expressed written consent of CYC. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this website or its contents, any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices, any derivative use of this site or its contents, any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant, or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without expressed written consent of CYC. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of CYC and our associates without expressing written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing CYC’s name or trademarks without the expressed written consent of CYC. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by CYC. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of the website so long as the link does not portray CYC, its associates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any CYC logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without expressing written permission.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to register for an account or use our services. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in our sole discretion.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, EMAILS, AND OTHER CONTENT
Visitors may post reviews, comments, and other content: and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. CYC reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content. If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant CYC and its associates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant CYC and its associates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if we choose to. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post, that the content is accurate, that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity, and that you will indemnify CYC or its associates for all claims resulting from content you supply. CYC has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. CYC takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
RISK OF LOSS
All items purchased from CYC are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This basically means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
CYC and its associates attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, CYC does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this website is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by CYC is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY CYC ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. CYC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS WEBSITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, CYC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CYC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM CYC ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. CYC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
By visiting this website, you agree that the laws of Singapore without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and CYC or its associates.
Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to the website or to products you purchase through the website shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Singapore, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate CYC’s intellectual property rights, CYC may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in Singapore, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Arbitration under this agreement shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre. The arbitrators award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
SITE POLICIES, MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
Please review our other policies, such as our Shipping and Return policy, posted on this website. These policies also govern your visit to this website. We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Data Protection Policy
This Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) sets out the basis which CYC Company Pte. Ltd. (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Policy applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1. As used in this Policy:
“customer” means an individual who
(a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or
(b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified:
(a) from that data; or
(b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, employment information and financial information such as credit or debit card information.
3. Other terms used in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We generally collect your personal data in the following ways:
a) when it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us:
i. to apply for or use our services;
ii. to create an online account or register for membership account with us;
iii. to submit an application or enquiry form to us;
iv. to subscribe to our services or publications;
v. to provide us with feedback; or
vi. to participate or respond to our promotions, competitions, lucky draws or surveys;
b) when we receive references from third parties where you have been referred by them; or
c) when you enter our premises and your image is recorded through the use of close circuit television systems.
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes: (a) perform obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
(b) verify your identity;
(c) respond to, handle, and process queries, requests, membership applications, complaints and feedback from you;
(d) manage your relationship with us;
(e) process payment or credit transactions;
(f) perform order fulfilment, including delivery services within Singapore and courier services to overseas.
(g) send you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
(h) comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(i) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(j) transmit to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
(k) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your personal data: (a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or
(b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, firewall and encryption to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
17. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
18. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
19. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
20. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
21. We do not knowingly collect any personal data from persons under the age of 18 and persons under age 18 are not permitted to register for an account or use our services.
22. If you believe that a person under age 18 has provided us with personal data, please inform our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below. If we become aware that a person under age 18 has provided us with personal data, we will cease to retain the information.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
23. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Data Protection Officer
CYC Company Pte. Ltd.
994 Bendemeer Road #04-05/06/07
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO POLICY
24. This Policy applies in conjunction with any other policies, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
25. We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Policy was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.